1. Women’s Hospital
KKH is one of the leading Obstetrics & Gynaecological services providers in Singapore.
As our patient, you can rest assured that all your needs will be attended to by a team of well trained nurses and world-class specialists.
All you need to do is relax and let our dedicated team care for you.
All our patients enjoy the undivided attention of a coordinated team of MFM specialists, obstetricians, clinical nurses, genetic counsellors and neonatologists – all working together to provide each patient with a high level of care.
- The first hospital in the Asia Pacific region to receive the Asian Hospital Management Award (AHMA) for measures taken to improve the safety of women in labour and their newborns.
- The AHMA is widely regarded as the premier hospital management award in the Asia Pacific region.
- Our perinatal mortality rate is 4.92 per 1,000 births – one of the lowest in the world.
- One of the lowest eclampsia rates in the world – less than 6.9 per 100,000 births. Eclampsia is a serious condition of fits in a pregnant woman with high blood pressure.
Quality care is delivered by a multidisciplinary team of highly trained gynaecological cancer specialists, oncology nurses, dietitians, psychologists, medical social workers and administrators.
- The GCC not only has the distinction of being a recognized training centre of the Royal Australian-New Zealand College of O&G (RANZCOG) for Gynaecologic Oncology outside of Australia and New Zealand, it also treats the majority of gynaecological cancers in Singapore.
- It is also first in Asia to introduce a new state-of-the-art digital colposcopy system. Colposcopy is an important step in screening for cervical cancer. MediScan®, the new system, allows doctors to capture high quality photographs and videos of the cervix.
The Centre is one of the many success stories that have made our hospital proud.
Today, it is widely recognized as one of the leading infertility centres in South-East Asia.
- The largest assisted reproductive technique (ART) centre in Singapore, with over 600 ART cycles per year
- Asia’s first IVF (in-vitro fertilisation) and GIFT (gamete intrafallopian transfer) babies are born at KKH
The Urogynaecology Centre is a one-stop centre for the assessment and treatment of female urinary dysfunction and pelvic floor disorders.
- The Centre attends to 80% of all urogynaecological cases in Singapore.
- The Centre is the second in Asia to perform tension-free vaginal tape(TVT) surgery and the first in Asia to perform TVT-Obturator system for our patients with stress urinary incontinence.
Aesthetic, Reconstructive and Breast Centre
The Centre offers a whole range of services that will help women from all walks of life look good and feel great. The Centre is run by fully accredited specialists in the fields of plastic surgery, breast health, bariatrics, endocrinology, sports medicine and paraclinical staff.
From Botox injections and cellulite reduction to face and neck lifts, eyelid surgery, nose, chin or jaw contouring, tummy tucks and liposuction, the Centre offers the full range of non-surgical and surgical aesthetic procedures, as well as reconstruction and craniofacial surgery.
The Centre is equipped with the latest state-of-the-art aesthetic machines which means the most appropriate therapy will be selected for each patient’s specific needs.
The Centre runs daily breast clinics managed by a team of breast surgeons, radiologists, reconstructive surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, physiotherapists and nurse clinicians.
The clinics specialise in all aspects of breast health and breast care including screening, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancers. Patients can expect a quick turnaround time for tests and lab results, all in a personalised setting.
The service looks into ENT problems related to pregnancy and women in general.
- Nasal problems like stuffiness, epistaxis, allergies
- Heartburn (oesophagitis)
- Sudden hearing loss
- Audiological findings in pregnancy
- Bell’s palsy
- Anticipated airway problem in the fetus
- Pregnancy tumour (pyogenic granuloma)
- General ENT problems affecting women
The new Orthopaedic Surgery service offers expertise to deal with bone and joint conditions in women.
Scope of work includes:
- Degenerative joint diseases (e.g. arthritis of the knee or hip)
- Backache and neck pain (e.g. disc prolapse)
- Conditions related to pregnancy (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, backache)
- Muscle aches and pains
Click here to view our complete list of Women’s Services
2. Children’s Hospital
As the first and only purpose-built paediatric medical institution, the hospital offers a complete range of healthcare services for children from birth through age 16.
When your child falls ill, all you want to do is ensure that he or she receives the best possible care.
At KKH, you can rest assured that your child will be swathed in the tender loving care of our nurses and paediatricians, and be given round-the-clock attention.
We are the main paediatric cardiology referral centre in Singapore and provide neonates and children with access to the full range of diagnostic services required to manage children with complex heart diseases.
- We perform paediatric cardiac operations on patients ranging from low-birth weight premature neonates to young adults with complex structural heart defects.
- Our mortality rate is an impressive 0.8%, which is comparable to world standards.
This is the only dedicated children’s eye service within a children’s hospital in Singapore. It is also the tertiary referral centre for complex retinoblastoma patients in the region. The range of services provided is comprehensive and includes:
- General paediatric ophthalmology, strabismology, amblyopia treatment
- Assessment of visual development, retinopathy of prematurity screening and treatment
- Eye screening for systemic disease/child abuse/congenital ocular anomalies, paediatric oculoplastics
- Treatment of paediatric glaucoma, cataract and ocular tumour
Our CHETS team can travel by road and air to the bedside of any child requiring its services, stabilise the child’s condition and transfer him or her safely and speedily to KKH
- In transit, the team is equipped to provide an extensive range of mobile intensive care unit (ICU) services
- Particularly useful for neonates who are premature or very sick after birth and older children who develop a sudden illness or sustain an injury and need to be admitted to a children’s ICU
We treat children with many surgical problems ranging from newborns, low weight premature babies to children below 16 years. The range of surgical operations include minimally invasive or laparoscopic surgery also called keyhole surgery, new-born surgery, urology (kidney, bladder and urethra) and cancer surgery.
- We are Singapore’s largest provider of paediatric surgery.
- We are also the main training centre for Paediatric Surgery training in Singapore.
- Our significant development and progression in keyhole surgeries, where well over one thousand therapeutic operations have now been done.
- We have a strong interest in urology in children, and we offer urodynamic services and voiding dysfunction assessment in a multidisciplinary clinic.
With specially trained doctors, nurse educators, dietitians and allied healthcare partners well versed in endocrine work, we offer a full range of services for children with hormonal disorders. These include:
- Childhood diabetes mellitus and impaired glucose tolerance
- Obesity and its complications
- Growth disorders, including assessment and treatment of children who are too short or growing too fast and those who have early or delayed puberty
- Thyroid and bone problems
- Hormonal problems after treatment for childhood cancer or brain surgery
- Insulin pump therapy and growth hormone therapy
The one-stop centre is the only dedicated ENT Centre in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
It sees the majority of complicated paediatric ENT problems and head and neck diseases. It also offers a comprehensive programme of paediatric cochlear implantation to auditory-verbal therapy.
One of the largest paediatric children’s cancer centres in Southeast Asia, our Children’s Cancer Centre treats 70% of childhood cancers in Singapore with a growing number of children with cancer from the region being referred here.
Our cure rate for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, which is the most common childhood cancer, is as high as 80%. This is comparable to the best centres in the world.
The Centre provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for children up to 16 who have a cleft lip and/or palate, congenital facial anomalies affecting the upper jaw, face and lower jaw, craniosynostosis, head shape abnormalities and other birth defects.
Our Neurosurgery department is one of the busiest paediatric neurosurgery departments in Singapore with the highest workload.
We provide diagnosis and surgical management for children with congenital and acquired neurological conditions (e.g. brain tumours, brain and spinal malformations, hydrocephalus, head injuries, etc).
Our team of highly qualified doctors and nurses provide high quality care for children with problems of the musculoskeletal system including injuries.
- Obstetrical Brachial Palsy and Congenital Hand Clinic
- Combined Neuromuscular Disorder Clinics
- Spina Bifida Clinic
- Paediatric Rheumatology Clinic
- Seating Clinic
- Scoliosis Clinic
Click here to view our complete list of Children”s Services